Saturday, September 19, 2009

"Airbag"

I finished the hardest semester by far of my collegiate career a week ago. I’m just now finding time to rest due to the curtain rising on a new chapter of this experience here in Asia.

The last month of summer courses was a blizzard of activity. If we weren’t taking a test in one class… we were writing a thirty page report for the other class (which we had less than seven days to complete). The grand finale of the summer was the final week of three tests. This could have been much worse but two of the tests were open book. At the end of this all I was ready for a break but a break wasn’t ready for me, the new North Carolinians began to come.

The new guys are Jimmy and Bryan. I had already known Bryan but Jimmy was a new to me and everyone else. In the first three days Jimmy was here he got a phone and a scooter, which are two things that most people take a while to get (I didn’t get my scooter until my second semester). I have a unique perspective on their orientation to Taiwanese culture since I am now living with both of them in a new apartment.

The new apartment is big but old. The size and rent have so far overshadowed the age of the apartment. We do have to deal with some things though. Our wireless internet seems to only want to work on occasion due to outside interference and the hot water in our bathrooms doesn’t work either. I’m working on the internet in my free time but the hot water is a bigger problem that won’t really faze us until winter.

Well that’s all for now, feel free to ask me about anything particular.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you end up getting that place you showed me?