I often find myself listening to music with very complicated lyrics. I usually just listen to the song without caring about what the lyrics mean. Sometimes however I listen to the song and am quite surprised by the hidden meaning. One such song is the one above, forty-six and two, which is based off the works of Carl Jung a famous psychologist.
The concept of self-growth is something that seems to be on everyone’s mind here. It’s certainly been a mainliner on my mind for the last week or so. March 13th is a time of reflection for me since it’s my birthday, in this case my 23rd. I am always amazed at roller coaster of a ride I experience each year of my life. If I could pick just two moments to illustrate this I’d go with my admission to NCKU and my grandmother’s death. I’m sure that in my 24th reflection I’ll be thinking about my thesis.
The first year students have barely seen the second year (outside of the research room) because the deadline for thesis completion is fast approaching. I learned through experience that leaving huge projects for the last minute isn’t the wisest of ideas. So I’m one of the few people in the junior class who has started with their thesis. That being said I haven’t done much yet, just a page to express my thesis idea.
My thesis will be about information systems and their relationship with culture in the United States and Taiwan. More specifically with the movement to off-shoring I want to analyze the importance of educating future IS professionals. There are still a lot of things I need to figure out of course like what methodology I’m going to use in order to collect my information.
It’s getting late here right now. I think I’m going to head back to my room and go to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment