Wednesday, September 10, 2008

These are the Days of our Lives...

So on Tuesday we didn't have much to do so a good part of the day was spent in the room watching shows. I finished up The Boondocks and Logan watched Mr. Brooks and 21. We had our first major rain as well which was nice because it dropped the humidity quite a bit. Logan and I ended up going out for a walk when the rain stopped. We saw the train station and went into a shopping center that was nearby. I kind of wish we had done more but with my cold the way it was I'm glad I didn't overexert myself.

Today we woke up and started orientation. The first thing on the list was yoga, something I've never done. It really wasn't bad but it isn't something I'd want to do regularly. At around two we ended up going on a tour of the campus which was really boring. However, we learned quite a bit about the campus and how it was the 2nd most prestigious one in Taiwan. Also, apparently Tainan used to be a walled city and the eastern wall used to go through the campus, so we had a chance to see what remained of the wall. When the tour was over I was about ready to pass out though, my sinuses weren't giving me any freebies. So I chose to forgo the library tour, Logan said the library was really nice and comparable to ASUs.

At around 6:30 we met up with some new friends and Jen to go out to eat. We ate at a cafeteria like place that was really close to our dorm and pretty cheap. Even better though was the cost, only $2. After the good meal we hopped into a Taxi and went to the Super Wal-Mart, otherwise known as Carriefour, which was located in the basement of a shopping center. It was pretty cool to see all they had to offer, Logan and I got a pair of ping-pong paddles to use later. We also found out that Jen has eaten pig tongue and heart. Maybe at some point Logan and I will try it but for now we'll stick with the chicken. Well it's time to sleep, goodmorning.

No comments: